Halloween Motel Factile

Posted in games, holiday, reading skills, technology, and TTESS 1819

Last week in the Jackson Library, fifth graders played a Jeopardy-like game called Factile.

I created questions in categories based on the book, Halloween Motel, on a Jeopardy-style board. Then I purchased the Premium version of Factile to 1) print out my questions and answers and to 2) be able to play in Buzzer mode. If you use the free version, you can still play but you have to have the teams take turns or determine yourself who raised their hand first. In buzzer mode, the computer tells me who buzzed in first by putting a yellow thumbs up on that team’s avatar.

First, you open your saved game in Factile and then click ‘Buzzer Mode’. Then it generates a code like Kahoot. Give one iPad to each team captain and have them type in the code. Then you start the game and choose a category and question amount. The computer will tell you who buzzed first and then you either click the check mark to issue their points or the red x to deduct points. The kids loved it!

halloween motel

TEK 2d: I can identify the meaning of common idioms in the story. 11b: I can identify details that contribute to the theme and can draw conclusions about the ending.

h m facile
tactile

tactile
Halloween Motel answer key
tactile comment

Skip to toolbar